Brisbane Head Office & Workshops
Brisbane workshop overview
- Certified Heavy Equipment Diesel Technicians – with the training and experience that makes them some of the best in the industry;
- Component Rebuild Centre – takes engines, transmissions and a range of components back to factory standards;
- General Repairs and Maintenance – general machinery repairs and preventative maintenance;
- Engineering and Fabrication Shop – All levels of welding and machining repairs;
- Engine Dynamometers and Transmission Test Bench – to verify and confirm component performance;
- Hydraulic Cylinder Repair Bench – up to 52,000 ft/lb nut buster, includes cylinder rebuilding, honing, exchange cylinders;
- Hydraulic Hose Press – custom cat hose assembly;
- Toolstore & Special Tooling – designed exclusively for Caterpillar componentry;
- On Highway Truck Technician – maintains heavy haulage truck and trailer fleet;
- Ongoing Service Training – for all apprentices and service personnel;
- Parts Warehouse – Large cat inventory of major and minor components and parts;
- Paint Shop Booth – Equipment refurbishment by skilled panel beaters and painters.
Located on 26 acres , our Brisbane facility acts as the support hub for the entire operation. This facility manages all administration, parts and service operations.
The purpose built office, workshop and parts storage warehouse has resulted in Salmon having the ability to provide one of the best support networks in the industry.
Professional service people have the training and ability to handle all levels of machine and component rebuilds, eliminating the need for multiple shops.
With “in-house” maintenance and a fully equipped field service fleet, the Brisbane facility acts as the hub for the entire operation.
The Brisbane facility rebuilds and stocks a vast range of rebuilt exchange components. We understand how important productivity is to you so we offer rapid turnaround times , being located in Brisbane allows freight to be dispatched and delivered within a 24 hour period.
Brisbane Component rebuild centre
The cost of replacing a complete engine, transmission or differential can be prohibitive, so rebuilding a Cat component at a fraction of the cost is a very serious alternative.
The Component Rebuild Centre in Brisbane is dedicated to doing just this. We offer full engine and component rebuilds covering our entire fleet range.
Our component rebuilders are experts in component rebuild, from larger projects such as whole engines to smaller jobs such as fuel pumps. All are Cat trained, skilled mechanics in their field.
Parts exchange Components
When downtime is critical then our off the shelf service exchange components such as rebuilt engines, transmissions and a broad range of components can be transported into the field and exchanged to minimise the disruption to your job site operation.